Let’s quickly take a closer look at the features you should be considering when purchasing a rapid beard brush and comb set.
Features of the Rapid Beard Brush and Comb Kit
For the beard comb:
- This beard comb is fairly large and heavy, 3 x 1.4 x 2 inches and weighing at 2.4 ounces.
- The comb is entirely wooden; however, it does not seem to be made of bamboo. Personally, it looks like sandalwood.
- The comb has only one side of teeth, with the regular sizes usually found with combs.
- The comb is heavy, so it does not require much pushing and pulling to straighten hair.
For the beard brush:
- This beard brush is also a bit larger and a bit heavier than most beard brushes at 4 x 1.4 x 2.1 inches and weighing at 5.6 ounces.
- The handle is made of wood and the bristles are made of wild boar hair.
- The bristles are thicker than most on the market.
- The brush is quite larger than most. This works great for me since it can cover a lot more area.
- For the beard brush, the bristles are the best! They are not too thick or thin, but are just right!
- For the comb, it has made styling my beard much easier. The comb helps me untangle and smooth out my beard. In fact, downward combing motions are easier since it is heavier.
- Both comb and brush have great wooden handles. They are both on the larger and heavier side compared to similar items on the market.
- They are both extremely hard. Even if you throw them, there will not be a dent (I accidentally dropped the brush, no damage can be seen). I am quite impressed!
- Both are really strong.
- The packaging, especially the cotton bag, is a great touch.
- The comb only has one side and set of teeth. While it does its job well, having two sides would make me rank the comb higher.
- The bristles of the brush sometimes cover too much. I can feel some oil sticking on my skin. This is to be expected since the brush is bigger than most on the market.
Let’s talk about what we should be looking for in a great beard brush or beard comb. Some of the factors that go into that is:
- The toughness, which is basically what the beard comb and beard brush are made up of.
Thicker materials do make the product tough, but that will affect the ease of use and comfortable transportability.
With that in mind, I find wooden materials work best for beard combs and brushes.
- The usefulness of the teeth of the comb or the brushes the bristles.
For beard combs, having two sides is definitely a desirable feature. That’s not to say that combs with only one side of teeth are bad, but I prefer two-sided combs.
For beard brushes, I prefer using bristles made up of boar hair rather than synthetic bristles.
- The toughness of the brush and the comb, especially the bristles and teeth.
- The design and sturdiness of the handle.
I can definitely see why their brush is a best seller and is so highly rated. Both can still be improved, but what we have is still superior to most on the market. Especially, at this price point.
If they can make the comb double-sided and the brush a bit smaller, then it would be perfect. This is definitely a great gift for yourself or a friend! I highly recommend it!
Rapid Beard, Beard Brush and Beard Comb Kit
The Definitive Beard Groomer Combo