This post was most recently updated on November 8th, 2018
The company The Beard Brave is one of my favorite beard brush and comb sets to date.
So, I tried to look at what other products they offer. After further investigation, it turns out that this is their bestselling product, not just because it is objectively a great set, but because it is arguably one of the best deals present on the market.
For the Beard Brave – Beard Brush and Comb Set, it is actually of high quality, both as individual items and a set as a whole.
The case, specifically the cotton bag, can accommodate all of the items. It has a comb keychain accessory which is stylish and a great addon.
I will repeat these four characteristics ad nauseam since they are immensely important in deciding whether to buy or ignore a beard brush or comb. The four characteristics people should look for in a beard brush are:
- The product’s toughness. While the structure as a whole has a weight, the most important factor would be the materials used.
For beard combs, they can come either natural or synthetic. I would say that the wooden combs, particularly those made of bamboo, sandalwood, and Argentinian wood, are better value-wise and efficiency-wise.
The same can be said for the beard brushes. As for the bristles, I can only recommend wild boar hair since it is natural and absorbs beard oil with ease. They also have great texture.
- The bristles or teeth. These are the main attraction and purpose of buying the beard comb or brush.
I prefer beard combs with two sides. It is best if they are two different sizes, one side with the regular teeth and the other side with thinner and bigger spaces between the teeth.
For beard brushes, I prefer using bristles made of boar hair.
- The toughness of the brush and the comb, especially the bristles and teeth.
- The design and sturdiness of the handle.
For the purpose of this product, and for sets in general, I will review the comb and the brush separately.
Features of the Beard Brave – Beard Brush and Comb Set
For the beard comb:
- This beard comb is fairly light and compact, 02 x 2.24 and teeth are at 0.79 inches long.
- The comb is made of sandalwood. It is very resilient and sturdy.
- The comb has two sides of teeth, with one having the standard size and the other with teeth thinner and spaced closer.
- Considerably lighter than most combs on the market at around 1.9 to 2.1 ounces.
- The comb fits comfortably in your palm, and the texture is smooth.
For the beard brush:
- This beard brush is also a bit smaller and a bit lighter than most beard brushes at 74 x1.97 x1.57 inches and weighing in at 2.2 ounces.
- The handle is made of sandalwood and the bristles are made up of boar hair.
- The bristles are also not only a bit thicker, but spaced a bit farther apart.
- The brush is quite compact. This makes it a bit smaller than most of the brushes but very efficient since it has a big coverage area.
- For the beard brush, the bristles are high quality! The texture is smooth enough not to irritate and rough enough to remove split ends and unhealthy beard hair.
- For the comb, the two sides are great! I find combs with two sides to be much more convenient than combs with just one side.
- The comb also has two sides with different teeth, which makes styling and grooming easier.
- They both have great wooden handles. They are also both on the smaller and lighter side. This means that they are very convenient to carry.
- Even if they are lighter than most, they have enough strength to untangle beard hair, especially the comb.
- The comb keychain is also a bonus! You can use it as another comb, it is stainless steel though, so I would not advise using beard oil or balms. You can also use it as a bottle opener.
- The packaging is on point. The black cotton bag is a great addition!
- For both the brush and the comb, I have been using heavier ones from the start so it took some time to adjust. However, after a few times of using both, they worked really well together.
I would say that this is the best deal present on the market. The comb and brush, especially the brush, are both superior to most.
The stainless comb keychain is a great bonus and the cotton bag and corporate packaging is the icing on the cake. I give this set my highest recommendation. You can’t go wrong with this Beard Brave – Beard Brush and Comb Set.